The 6th Sports Leisure Tourism Festival and the Sport & Leisure Development International Summit 2017 combined academic discussion on leisure with the opportunity to enjoy some local cultural and leisure expressions. The Festival and the Summit, which took place in Wiyu County, in the Chinese province of Zhejiang, counted with the participation of several WLO Board of Directors members, who were invited by Lijun Jane Zhou, Associate Dean at the College of Education, Zhejiang University, and also a WLO Board Member.
With their presentations, they drew a panorama touching some of the hottest topics in the field of leisure today:
- “Bycicle Trails & Leisure Tourism”, by Roger Coles, WLO Chairman, Professor and the Interim Vice Provost for Community Engagement at Central Michigan University.
- “What Makes Us Happy”, by Stephen Anderson, Professor at Florida International University – Miami, Florida, USA.
- “Sport Tourists as Special Travelers”, by Miklos Banhidi, Professor at the Health and Sport Science Faculty, Szchenyi University, Gyor, Hungary.
- “Trends on Training Programmes on Intangible Heritage”, by Cristina Ortega Nuere, WLO Chief Operating Officer, Associate Professor at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
- “Simulation in Leisure for People with Disabilities: Quality of Life and Virtual Reality Sailing”, by Cary E. Autry, Clinical Assistant Professor at Florida International University – Miami, Florida, USA.
In a unique natural environment, Wuyi presents itself as a city of vitality and a county of institutional innovation and ecology.
The Festival and the Summit were hosted by the Sports Bureau of Zhejiang Province and the Bureau of Zhejiang Province, organized by Wuyi County People’s Government, and co-organized by CountyZhejiang Chenge Sports Culture Development Co., LTD.