World Leisure Special Interest Groups (SIGs) work towards the future challenges in the field of leisure research, education, knowledge transfer, and advocacy.
Member-generated and member-driven, SIGs provide a space for WLO members to meet and work together at a global level.
Connect, Work Together & Contribute
Connect, work together and contribute to common projects within an international relevant leisure community of academics, professionals and decision makers at global level.
- Participate actively at WLO organized and co-organized events, projects and activities.
- Submit and publish your own news and promote them through an international network.
- Be proactive and organize any activity that will be supported by a community of academics and professionals, practitioners and decision makers around the globe.
Current Special Interest Groups and Facilitators Names
Leisure Management and Policy
Dr. John R Tower, Ph.D., Victoria University, Australia. John.Tower@vu.edu.au
Diversity, Access and Inclusion
Jerome F. Singleton, Ph.D., CTRS, Dalhousie University, Canada. Jerome.Singleton@Dal.Ca
Leisure for Children and Youth
Cari E. Autry, Ph.D., CTRS, Florida International University, USA. email@example.com
Atara Sivan, Ph.D., Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong. firstname.lastname@example.org
Leisure and Well‐being
Teresa Freire, PhD, Universidade do Minho, Portugal. email@example.com
Leisure in Later Life/Ageing
Laura Payne, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana‐Champaign (UIUC), USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Leisure and Gender
Heather Gibson, Ph.D., University of Florida, USA. email@example.com
Leisure and Innovation
Lénia Marques, Ph.D., Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and Tourism
Liza Berdychevsky, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana‐Champaign, USA. email@example.com
Community and Economic Development
Joanne A. Schroeder M.A. Leisure Service Admin., Vancouver Island University, Canada. firstname.lastname@example.org
Leisure and Sport
Mogens Kirkeby, International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA), Denmark. email@example.com
If any questions, contact us!
If you would like to develop and/or promote a new SIG, please share your ideas, comments and views by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name, organization and email address.
- Name of the proposed topic with a short description.
- Reasons why this topic needs to be addressed (societal/scientific relevance)
- Possible collaborators