World Leisure Special Interest Groups (SIGs) work towards the future challenges in the field of leisure research, education, knowledge transfer, and advocacy.
Member-generated and member-driven, SIGs provide a space for WLO members to meet and work together at a global level.
Connect, Work Together & Contribute
Connect, work together and contribute to common projects within an international relevant leisure community of academics, professionals and decision makers at global level.
- Participate actively at WLO organized and co-organized events, projects and activities.
- Submit and publish your own news and promote them through an international network.
- Be proactive and organize any activity that will be supported by a community of academics and professionals, practitioners and decision makers around the globe.
Want to get involved in any of the current Special Interest Groups?
See here below the current Special Interest Groups and facilitators names and contact details. Feel free to raise your voice and connect with them!
If any questions, contact us!
If you would like to develop and/or promote a new SIG, please share your ideas, comments and views by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your name, organization and email address.
- Name of the proposed topic with a short description.
- Reasons why this topic needs to be addressed (societal/scientific relevance)
- Possible collaborators
Current Special Interest Groups
and Facilitators Names
Leisure for Children and Youth
Cari E. Autry, Ph.D., CTRS, Florida International University, USA. email@example.com
Travel and Tourism
Liza Berdychevsky, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana‐Champaign, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Leisure and Sport
Mogens Kirkeby, International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA), Denmark. email@example.com