Under the title “Leisure – Better Life”, the third edition of the World Leisure Expo will transform Hangzhou International Expo Center, the Expo’s main venue, in a living demonstration of Leisure and a platform with a global influence attracting high-level meetings and all kinds of festival and leisure activities, with exhibitors coming from a very diverse range of countries and many interactive elements designed to enrich the visitors’ experience.
During the first two days, on the 20 and 21 October, right after the opening ceremony, the Third WL Forum will be organized to reflect on the main them of the Expo, “Leisure – Better Life”. The 2-day program will gather outstanding international scholars and professionals with different backgrounds coming from nine different countries. Some of the main topics that will be discussed are: Leisure and wellbeing; Leisure industries, digital leisure and innovation; Leisure sports and sustainability; Leisure, recreation and community development; and Leisure Education. This will definitely become a unique opportunity to share and reflect about some of the most relevant and latest research achievements in the Leisure field.
Among the confirmed speakers for the Forum, visitors will have the chance to listen to:
- Jack Agrios, O.C., Q.C. Barrister and Solicitor;
- Stephen Anderson, Professor at Florida International University – Miami, Florida, USA;
- Cary E. Autry, Clinical Assistant Professor. Florida International University – Miami, Florida, USA;
- Elizabeth Ayers, Professor Manager, Community Services, Planning & Projects at City of Richmond, Canada;
- Richard Ayes, Senior Partner, Hayes Group. Chair, WLO Communities of Excellence Committee;
- Miklos Banhidi, Professor at the Health and Sport Science Faculty, Szchenyi University, Gyor, Hungary;
- Liza Berdychevsky, Assistant Professor in the Department of Recreation, Sport and Tourism College of Applied Health Sciences University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
- Roger Coles, WLO Chairman, Professor and the Interim Vice Provost for Community Engagement at Central Michigan University;
- Abubakarr Jalloh, Regional Representative, Iowa Department of Education (USA), Board of Directors, WLO;
- Bree Hayes, President and CEO The Hayes Group;
- Yvonne Klerks, WLO Treasurer. Coordinator international cooperation and lecturer at the NTHV University of Applied Sciences, Academy for Leisure, the Netherlands;
- Su-Hsin Lee, Professor, department of geography, NaSonal Taiwan Normal University;
- Marco van Leeuwen, Professor, Lecturer/researcher philosophy; Programme Coordinator Bsc ´Leisure Studies´ NHTV University, Breda, The Netherlands;
- Cristina Ortega Nuere, WLO Chief Operating Officer, Associate Professor at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya;
- Carlos Alberto Rico, President of FUNLIBRE (Latin American Leisure and Recreation Foundation), Ad honorem Special Professor and Advisor at the National University of Colombia;
- Atara Sivan, Head & Professor, Department of Education Studies, Hong Kong Baptist University, President, World Leisure Academy. Editor-in Chief, World Leisure Journal, Chairperson, WLO Hong Kong Chapter;
- John Tower, Honorary Research Fellow, Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, Victoria University, Melbourne, Research Director, Bon Leisure Consulting;
- Lucetta Tsai, Associate Professor, Dep. of Leisure & Sport Management, Business School, National Taipei University. Associate Editor, Leisure Sciences (SSCI), President, Chinese Taipei Waterski and Wakeboard Federation, President, Taiwan Leisure Association, and
- Lijun Jane Zhou, Associate Dean, College of Education, Zhejiang University, WLO Board Member.
Stay tuned for more details on the Third WL Forum’s programme!