World Leisure Center of Excellence is an international graduate/post-graduate program which offers opportunities for colleges and universities to affiliate with WLO to establish and provide graduate educational programs and research centers focused on play, recreation, the arts, culture, sport, festivals and celebrations, health and fitness, travel and tourism with an international dimension. It gives students, educators, researchers and professionals the chance to participate and contribute to uniquely theme-focused educational endeavors.
Our Centers of Excellence receive strong promotional support from the WLO Secretariat, since WLO fosters their leisure studies, disseminates their publications through its website and social media channels, promotes their forthcoming events and so forth. Moreover, WLO Centers of Excellence benefit from the opportunity of using our logo either on their website or on any key document.
Main benefits for becoming a Center of Excellence
- International exchange programs, BSc, MSc (access to internships/training opportunities in other institutions), PhD (research stay)
- Joint thesis supervision (extra supervisor from another WLCE)
- Research stays
- Access to high impact journals
- Access to high competitive programs (identification of consortium partners for competitive projects proposals)
- Post-Doc positions (attract talents)
- Access to scientific congresses
- Collaboration with non-academic agencies, entities or companies interested in following the project development and its final results (in European projects ‘Expressions of interest’)
- International Peer-Review
- Access to data bases with competitive research calls, funding programs, research scholarships, etc.
- Physical-presence and virtual exchanges.