If you want to feel the pulse of the work being produced in the field of leisure in Australia and New Zealand, here you are a selection generously provided by our colleagues at the Department of Tourism of the University of Otago. The following selection is focused mainly on tourism and, particularly, on tourism management, sustainable tourism, indigenous peoples, animal welfare, and sports tourism.
Published in 2017
- Albrecht, J. N. (ed.). (2017). Visitor Management in Tourism Destinations. Wallingford, UK: CABI.
- Carr, A., Ruhanen, L., Whitford, M. and B. Lane (2017). (eds). Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Peoples. Routledge.
- Whitford, M., Ruhanen, A. & Carr, A. (eds). (2017). Indigenous Tourism, Australia and New Zealand, Goodfellow’s.
Due for publication in 2018
- Carr, N. & Broom, D. Animal Welfare and Tourism. Wallingford, UK: CABI.
- Carr, N. & Young, J. (eds). Wild animals and leisure: Rights and welfare. London: Routledge
- Young, J. & Carr, N. (eds). Domestic animals, humans, and leisure: Rights, welfare, and wellbeing. London: Routledge
- Higham, J.E.S. & Hinch, T.D. Sport Tourism Development (Edition 3). Bristol: Channel View Publications.
- Hinch, T.D., Higham, J.E.S. & Moyle, B.D. Sport and sustainable tourism destinations. London: Routledge.